Sunday, August 06, 2006

t-nite till now

as i have already mentioned in quite a few of my previous blogs we are having the yearly inter section first year's competetion here
today (ie till today night considering the day has already started at 5:50 in the morning, even though i have slept just 2 hrs in the last 48 hrs) is the last day
till now it has been a mixed bag of joy, ecstasy, disappointment, intimidation, etc etc
over the past 3 days, i have danced as a girl. A girl from my section acted as the guy in the song. Work was appreciated in section though. Then yesterday, practiced a lot for a song, but due to strict time restrictions, and ours being the last song, we could not perform. But then the preparation part and the other activities during the day, including hanging (a bit exagerrated use of the english language :o) ) off the mess ceiling to put up posters, dressing up like a tapori, getting my face painted with section name etc.
today i was part of something called one act play. I think that we had a decent play in our hands. I was one of the actors, along with 4 others, and we were supposed to lip sync with the voice overs. We had had just 2 hours of prep (including looking at the script for the first time). So at the end of two hours, the actors werent thorough with the scripts. But we could recognize our dialogues from the voices of our voice overs.
When we went to perform in the audi, the audience booed us so badly that we couldnt even hear which of the voice overs was speaking. Result ....... chaos.
I, and the other actors, felt like leaving the state (the stage is actually the floor itself) and disappearing into our section crowd, but we held on, and did not leave till we had finished the last scene ( we could make out at least the last scene, coz there were no dialogues in that :o) )
We were disappointed, but then found a bit of consolance in the fact that the other sections could not even complete their plays. I am happy that I didnot show my back to the enemy (not calling the audience my enemy, but just writing figuratively)
Then for the fashion show, removed my shirt (please dont misunderstand me. I dont have a fab body. In fact I have an ever increasing ponch :o)), got my chest painted, and walked the ramp. Was supposed to walk alone. Reached the ramp also alone. But then suddenly this girl from our section is beside me. N she is walking so fast. I had mental calculations of my walking pace, the halt in front of the audience, the pace n path of returning etc. All was screwed up by the mismatch in her calculations. But then I pulled off a decent performance, considering the fact that this is the first time I have ever done anything related to fashion or fashion shows.
Came back. Was mugging economics. Mugged a bit (coming back n starting mugging part began at 3. Used up half n hour before that in washing off my body paint). N now, am on my way to the bed, to wake up in 2 hours.
Oh. After fashion show, all the guys in our section were getting pictures with the girls (the girls were looking pretty good :o)), with hands on shoulders etc. I didnt do that. Not that I am averse to the idea of getting photos taken with friends. We are all friends isnt it? Just that the fact that they are girls and a picture with a beautiful girl would get me the admiration of my friends back in blore or I would become the topic of discussion of my friends in blore, this funda does not appeal to me
Also, I am not very comfortable getting physically very close to people i am not emotionally close to. Be it girls or guys. I respect my personal space (though in India there is hardly any concept of personal space) and am comfortable with only a very select few indivs being in it
Its light outside. Have to reach for today's preparation in 2 hours. Lets hope I can wake up.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Hitchhiker said...

Oh u r gonna love the memories of this play when u r done with management studies ;) I think anytime something is remotely embarrassing, it becomes a huge hit, a blockbuster in our memories .. played over and over again :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

did u ever try ur hand at showbiz or teaching....u can really describe things well :o)

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home