Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The mall/hall phenomenon...n much more

I watched the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" yesterday. I wanted to see ShivaTheMovie but then had to end up on a compromise decision (individual dynamics terminology :o)). But then not much of an issue for me. Coz I invariably like any movie I see in a cinema hall (I told one of my friends this, and he cracked a killler PJ..."Then u must be liking all movies, coz no one watches movies in kitchens...HA HAH HA HA.......I can imagine the expression on ur faces. I had a similar expression on mine when he cracked this kaatil PJ). So I liked this movie also.

Another attribute of the mall/hall phenomenon or rather of any movie i see is that i try n derive some learning from it. I know it might sound very far fetched but then is it that far fetched, especially for a day dreamer like me :o) Neway there are movies which i cant derive any learnings from. Examples would be Military Raj, Mard, Cheetah, Coolie No. 1, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Dulhe Raja, Haseena Maan Jayegi, Transporter etc etc. Mithun movies (as u might have seen in the list) are something I havent bee, after repeated efforts been able to derive learnings from. Coz somehow my education refuses to let me accept that a person can run faster than electric current. Govinda movies also are without learnings (except how to do the pelvic thrust with perfection :o)). Also hardcore english action movies like Transporter. All the movies I have mentioned, I liked watching them. But from a learnings point of view....NAAHHH.

Ok. Coming to the movie of yesterday. It was basically bout this girl (played by Anne Hathaway..she looks really cute) who is pretty smart, and not at all conscious or concerned about fashion, but takes up a job in the most happening fashion mag on the planet. And she has a real taskmaster boss (merly streep). The movie then revolves round how Anne's life and outlook towards fashion changes, how she also nearly changes, but finally realizes what is it that she really wants. Also what she stands to lose in the blind pursuit of success (not only what she wants to do but also the person she loves).

So basically the learning was that one should realize what one wants to do and not join the crowd blindly. I myself was thinking on all this some days back. What do i want? What kind of job do I want? What are my aspirations? What is it that I want to do?

There are many things that I will do..that I want to do. I have to start reading, and have to read one book. That is a promise I made and also because I want to read it. Have made a beginning on the reading front. Apart from that, there are so many things I want to learn. I have always felt that I should have learnt a musical instrument. I will do that in the 2nd yr or after my MBA. Now people would argue u wont have time. Job, family etc etc. Job, yes I will have to manage time. Other than that, I wil have a lot of time. No other obligations seem to be coming my way for another 20-30 odd yrs (that is how long i expect to live :o)).

As for what all I would do...rather I will do.
I will learn basketball in college itself.
I will learn how to play the guitar.
I will learn how to play the mandolin.
I will learn a martial art :o)
I will buy a cruiser (enfield kinds).
I will read.
There is one more thing I would do, but then that does not need mention. Coz that might take my whole lifetime and still.....but then....as Paulo Cohello said "If you want something really bad the whole universe is gonna conspire n give it to u". So am being a die hard optimist, and keeping my fingers crossed :o)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Xérès said...

hey i was just askin someone the other day for a review on devil wears prada :) is it worth watchin..? and hey even i wanted to learn how to play guitar :)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

i liked the movie...but then as i have said..i like every movie i watch in a cinema hall
about the guitar...am actually plnnin to buy one n start learning...have a couple of guitar gods here who have agreed to teach us mortals :o)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Xérès said...

well all the best with guitar lessons!!! will let out a small secret ..if u tell a gurl that u know how to play guitar u have already *impressed* her ;)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Hitchhiker said...

Even I like any movie I watch in the theatre! Even the worst ones, except of course the one which Safuil had recommended...aargh that was horrible.."Captain Sky and the world of tomorrow" bleah!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@xeres
not exactly my reason for learning the guitar....but a welcome side effect :o) (i havent started yet though :o))
@laina
i can empathize with u.....saf's choices of movies.......reviews itself are a torture...forget the movie....i not only empathize but sympathize with u too :o)

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home