Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Some thoughts


Titles for my blogs still elude me. For this blog, I will think of a title as and when I go ahead with the writing.
T-nite got over 2 days back. We came 2nd. But then what I feel was most important about the whole event was the bonding that happened between all of us in the section. Working till late nights, giving up sleep for one common purpose. I dont know. It might sound trivial. But it is not. Coz today when I went for one of my section mate's birthday, the turnout from the section spoke for itself. So many of us were there. And there were people who could not make it and intimated in advance too. So I can safely say that T-nite did serve its purpose, which I beleive is section bonding.
In T-nite, I participated in a drama (mentioned in my previous blog), wherein I was booed like never before in my life; in a dance, where again I was booed (its not about me :o)...its about what the audience want :o) ); practiced a dance which would have been appreciated but due to time constraints (every section gets a scheduled time in which they have to perform and leave the venue, failing which many points are deducted); and finally did a cameo Shashi Kapoor parody in the song Keh Doon Tumhe :o)
So it was fun.
Now when I look back at T-nite 2006, I realize that we all in the section, even after our tight study deliverables, our post-mid term mental imbalance, put in so much effort, it actually was a great relaxation. Not physically. Physically these 4 days were some of the most taxing days in my life, and more so for many others in our section. But then mentally, the idea of competing and giving in our best shot was something really great. The fun we had during the preparation has been captured by cameras and is safely stored away in my laptop (at the rate at which I am filling my laptop with photos, I am sure I will have to get 80+ GB extra soon :o) ). There are photos of people sleeping on the desks; people doing junglee dances; beautiful memories.
Now life is back to the same old routine. But then those 4 days has given me not only some really beautiful memories to look back at, but also helped me realize my current limit of stretching. Praticing plays and dances for 9-10 hours a day, getting booed off stage in 5 minutes, coming back and practicing again, smokin, and then again studing economics. I have redefined my limits.
But then that is what this place teaches u. That is one of the biggest take aways from this college. Its not that u know ur limits. Its that u define ur own limits.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Hitchhiker said...

its not about me :o)...its about what the audience want :o) .. lol :) Naach na jaane, aangan teda :)
But really liked what you defined as the take away :) Keep up the blogging dude :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

yeah i guess i will keep up bloggin ... like u said....when i am a lonely old man smoking away his cuban cigar in a farm house in some high up hill station in dehradun or mussourie....these blogs would be my only companions n friends from a past i would some much want to relive :o)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home