Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sleepy Hollow

Coming back from the library just now.
We have these cubes in our library where u can sit in peace (legs table par utha ke) and study or sleep.

I was feeling very sleepy in my room. So went to the lib to study.
Ek cube dhoonda. Baith gaya. Economics khola. Shuru ho gaya.

It
had hardly been ten minutes. I could hear sounds (now dont worry...I aint gonna say next that i could see dead people :o)). Wat kind of sounds, one may ask. Hmmm....sounds which go

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Yes. I could hear snoring. I smiled to myself. Wasnt new to me. I myself always slept in the library in college. Here too, I have slept many times (we have a couch also where its really comfortable sleeping :o))

Neway, the person kept snoring n snoring. Also the goonj (reverberation) of the snoring was distracting me. So i decided to just check who this person is. It seemed like it was someone pretty far away. The goonj was coming from pretty far. So i walked ahead and checked.

No one. THen i went in the other direction ie backwards. Turns out that the person in the cube right behind mine has his head in his book (actually forehead, like when u pray to god in the temple) and is snoring away to glory.

I had no intention to wake him up. So i let him be.

He continued snoring. In a few minutes, i also fell asleep (just to be waken up in a couple of minutes by my drool falling on my hands :o)).

My dear sleeping colleague woke up in another 10-15 minutes (he must have slept a solid 45 mins-1hr) and left.

I studied for some more time and have come back now.

The library is a really nice place to sleep :o)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

Somewhere I've heard "sleep is contagious" :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Hitchhiker said...

:) I slept in the infy library when I was supposed to be doing some assignment! I just drifted off into sleep with the sun from the glass window on my face ... I guess I slept for a solid half an hour? .. and I never turned in that assignment!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@ajith
Oh yeah!!!!!

@hitchhiker
i dont understand how infy manages to make profits ;P

12:55 AM  
Blogger Vinay Murthy said...

Ok, so life's back to the usual eh ? ;)

12:18 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@vinay
life is always unusual...in the usual sense :o)

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any place is a good place to sleep. ;)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@sanjiv
abzolutely :o)

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home