Thursday, May 17, 2007

vellagiri at its best...

Haan.
So this is a historic post. Coz I am writing it from office, where I regularly experience the “hectic I banking life” :o)
There is a lot to write. Let me just write it as curious incident(s) during the day time, and night time, and weekdays, and weekends :o)

Ok. Last week, on Tuesday I had no work the whole day. So I thought, I will leave at 6:45. I was watching the time on my system. At 6:43, there was a smile on my face. I was getting ready to leave. At 6:44, there was work on my desk :o(
Ek minute saala aadmi ki g***d maar leta hai :o)
Next day i took no chances. Left at 6:30 :o)

Last week was a very vella week. Neway, Saturday had the alum meet. Was nice. Met wimwian’s my batch who are in hong kong, and also ex wimwians who are in hong kong. Wat a coincidence. The bad part was whiskey wasn’t unlimited. The good part was sparkling wine was. Hence 8 glass ke aas paas chada li aur phir…..tera tera tera suroooooooor :o)

Sunday ko mai aur GD Stanley gaye. It’s a pretty beautiful place. Shopped in the flea market. Utilized GD’s 10x optical zoom camera to the fullest on the beach. Kleevo missed the trip. For reasons, ask him why :o)

Stanley market is the oldest market in Hong Kong. Flea market hai. I bought a sword (souvenier :o)), a small glass enclosed “flour” doll, some hand bags for mom, and also a painting. The painting shopping was interesting. GD was thinking of buying it. Then I also pitched in. The shopkeeper was a painter himself, who had quit painting or rather selling his paintings 7 yrs back. He said it was because he could not bargain with customers for his own work. And since he could not, therefore his sales was pretty less. He said, could not eat cup-o-noodles for too long (trivia: we survived on cup-o-noodles for almost 2 weeks after coming here, till we discovered chicken curry n rice @ 7 eleven, which is a convenience store). He also showed us an album with his creations and awards etc. And after all this, I bargained with him for 20 dollars :o)

Stanley beach was beautiful. Here all the beaches are beaches for bays I guess. Therefore not the India kind of beaches with waves and all. But rather like lakes. GD’s high zoom camera was aptly used to capture the beauty of a few jal paris :o). Also on the way from the bus, we could see Repulse bay with windsurfers painting the sea :o) acha tha :o)

This week, well Monday, as usual was busy with all the market updates. Tuesday also relatively busy. I had seriously important work, like making sure the formatting and alignment of text in ppts was correct to the third decimal. And also copying text from word to powerpoint. Kaafi challenging kaam hai. Seriously yaar. When I am given such work, in which I am not at all good (ask my groupies in college I never work on beautification or alignment of ppts n stuff), performance and efficiency goes down the drain.

Tuesday was also patched up on a conference call on some deals. Dopahar ka time tha. Just khaana khe ke aaya tha. 1 hour long call. I was awake for 30 mins. Was woken up by my buddy sitting next to me, also on the call, at 45 minutes, fell asleep again at 50 min :o)

Neway, yesterday ie Wednesday was totally vella. I slept 2 courses. Once in the afternoon. And once in the evening, from 4:30 odd to 6. And when I sleep, my head oscillates. And people notice.
Jo bhi notice karta hai uske m********* (the number of stars may be less than the abuses)

Before I end, I must tell u that sound can move across corners and also through creeps etc. how do I know? I can hear “grunts” of pleasure coming from one of the rooms (above, below, right or left) almost every other night. And the moment I hear them, I reduce the volume of the tv, and enjoy “vicariously” :o)
Also the other day, I could hear a couple fighting, and then the girl started crying. Actually it was nice (ok I am becoming a sadist) to hear all the abuses, and I am not sure, but the whole issue was some “intellectual” discussion (not joking). Damn!

Signing out. So now u have read a historic post. Feel free to post ur comments :o)
Adios

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Hitchhiker said...

Sahi hai!! Vellagiri ke itne paise milte hai tumhe!! :)

And intellectual discussion...I really wanna know wot it was about that it made her cry. Must have been two very high-flying intellectuals..which language was it in btw ?

9:56 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@hitchhiker
english...it was english
that is how i knew it was something intellectual :o)

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dutta @ his best. Good Post dude.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@sanjiv
thank u thank u :o)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Kandarp said...

Hahaha - really funny. Grunts ? err..No comments !

1.What is vellagiri ? and
2.Why do you sleep so much ?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@kandy
vellagiri bole to having nothing to do

i sleep when i donot have nething better to do...or watever i am doin..i dont like it at all :o)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

"Tuesday also relatively busy. I had seriously important work, like making sure the formatting and alignment of text in ppts was correct to the third decimal. And also copying text from word to powerpoint." -- Still keeping up with the infy moto ? -- Driven by CTRL-C , powered by CTRL -V ?

7:09 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@ajith
come on man.....its not just cntrl c n cntrl v...there is much more sophisticated stuff...like rotating images....making sure the borders are in the lightest gray, not the second lightest....the image is on the corner of the top left, not one cm below or above
these are standards man...come on!
:o)

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bataas and sleep... bahut puraana rishta hai... [:D]

3:12 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@qwicky
saale tu to bol hi mat...khud sota hai mujhse zyada class mein....teri sangat mein nisha ne bhi sona shuru kar diya class mein.....dhikkar hai tujhpe [:P]

10:33 PM  
Blogger Upamanyu Sarmah said...

mind sharing the pix of the jal paris dude :D

11:19 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@eklavya
will get them when i reach college
will send them from there....okie?

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home