Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The incident with Times of India n Chaman B plan

Chaman called me n said the photographer from time of India is coming. He would photograph all three (him, me n lugaai) of us, n our photos would appear in the next day’s newspaper. Earlier, in his interview, he had mentioned that we had worked with him on his b plan (the one we went to kozhikode for). Now since he is actually gonna implement it, there is a lot of publicity etc etc.So I skipped gymn n waited. Bhaskar had gone to the MIS extra class. The photographer came.
Took many snaps (he took live snaps where he made me n chaman act as if we were discussing something , like movie shooting u see :o)). I made him wait for bhaskar n then he took all of our snaps.
Next day morning, I woke up n went for the newspaper (I seldom see anything but ahmedabad times :o)). N I see chaman’s photo, n me n bhaskar were missing. We were “removed” from the photo. Also the story was quite different from what chaman has told the reporter.

So that was our closed encounter to 30 seconds of fame :o)

p.s: This post has been composed on an earlier day. Date of posting n date of wat is described in the post are not related

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Hitchhiker said...

I am wondering if its just TOI which messes up with stories to play up the supposed *human angle* or is it the case with all newspapers?

6:06 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@hitchiker
they have to.....they sell newspapers at the price of junk..raddi ke daam bikte hai newspaper india mein..the only way they survive n make profits is advertisements..which in turn is driven by readership..hence u have to give people what they ask for

at the end of the day...its we the people who are to blame for the kind of news we ourselves despise

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home