Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Clouds wala tag...

The kid tagged me...samajh mein nahi aata log kya karenge mere baare mein jaan ke :D

anyway...likhna padega...jaise purane zamane mein ghar aaye mehmaan ko aadar karte the...suna hai waise hi tags ka bhi aadar karna chahiye

here it goes:

Life 10 yrs ago:
I was 15 (so now u people know my age :D)
So at 15 i was in 10th std. I was studious too. Also, this is was one very nice phase in my life because i had no crushes no infatuations nothing. Had come out of one by the end of 7th or early 8th std. And the next started in mid 11th std. So this was 3 yrs of pure bliss.

Life 5 yrs ago:
That would be when I was 20
So on the personal front, I would be breaking up with someone I thought i was in love but later realized it was a hurried infatuation. Add to it miscommunication n misunderstanding etc etc.
So that was that

On the professional front, was still a student in 3rd yr in engineering in Malluland. So that was nice. Hostel life IS THE BEST THING that can happen to anyone (personal opinion disclaimers :o))

Life 1 yr ago:
Actually I changed A LOT from after engineering to today. And a lot of change happened between the 5 yr n the 1 yr period.
However, in the last 1 yr ie 2nd yr at IIMA,
Went thru many ups n downs
On the personal front, i dont want to start again. one of my previous posts which was more of a drunk person's emotional outburst would testify that :D
on a professional front, took some bold decisions and risks. Gave up a coveted international investment banking offer. Before that went to hong kong for summer internship for 2 months. Heard "grunts" of pleasure from the room right next to me, while I sat n cursed myself for being in the wrong room at the wrong time :o)
Drank a lot, still am doing.
Tried to reduce smoking coz was looking at some long term goals/dreams. Once they broke, smoking has taken a new high...And so has my jogging :D
Lost 13 kgs in 2 months...now have gained 3 of those 13 again..but am in good shape right now :o)
The roots of my hair have been taking permanant leave over the last one yr :o)
And many other things...yaad bhi nahi aa raha

Life tomoro
No idea. Want to be a consultant. Will know if that clicks later next week when placements start. Baaki, on the personal front, no plans or expectations. If something happens it will. Not taking any proactive steps. But willl surely accept that have become pretty wary of relationships now :o)

5 snacks i enjoy
gajar ka halwa, bhel puri, paani puri....cant think of anything else...anything tasty i like it :D

5 locations i will run away to
no idea...no idea at all

5 bad habits i have
I smoke
I dont trust people easily
I am a BIG introvert whom people generally mistake to be an extrovert
I drink so much that i get blacked out...but the good thing is while i am in that state i am still in control of my actions...just that next morning i dont remember ANYTHING
I swear A LOT...a LOT...

5 things i love to do
Dream
Smoke
Work out
Watch movies
Sleep

5 things i will never wear
A sari
A frock
A salwar kameez
A mini skirt
A pink T shirt

5 biggest joys of my life
1. CAT
2. Love
3. Hostel Life
4. Friends
5. The biggest joy of all is my family...but i am one of those arseholes who takes the most imp people in his life (in this case my family) for granted...am trying to work towards not doing that

5 things i dont like
Hypocrisy
Liars
Show offs
People with made up accents
Girls who talk as if they are talking to a small puppy...the "cho chweet" kind

Something to achieve next yr
Get over it :o)

Something that impacted me last yr
The relationship

What i will miss about 2007
2nd yr @ IIMA

5 things i wanna do before i die
Get my dad a Tata Safari
Keep smoking (not sure of this though)
...cant think of anything else



And me being the person i am, i DONOT pass along the tag :o)

Labels: ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Gunjan Aylawadi said...

the only words dat came to my mind aftr readin it were: sincere answers :P

7:24 PM  
Blogger Xérès said...

Girls who talk as if they are talking to a small puppy...the "cho chweet" kind !!!

hehehe loved that line ! me too...hate them !

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm kinda interested in that part where you mention "losing 13 kilo's in 2 months" :)

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear A LOT...a LOT...
Oh yeah. Ask me about it !!

I thought you liked pazhampuri a lot.
Weren't you stealing extra helpings from the mess when the mess manager wasn't looking ? ;-)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Will-o'-the-wisp said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@gunj
thanks :o)

@xeres
see, we think similarly on one facet of life :D

@chaos
if u r looking for how...run n check ur diet :o)

@murthy
when did i swear at u man :P
n that statement bout pazhampuri...i am sure that was an attempt to incite my swearing habit :D

@willo wisp
hey
thanks for dropping by n the compliments :o) compliments are always welcome
n tagging ka funda aisa hai ki someone tags u...then u have to write about what they have just written...as u would see there are distinct headers in the tag posts...that way

keep visiting
adios

4:27 AM  
Blogger ... said...

Finally..aapne tag kar dikhaya. :D

Good good! We are similar people except for drinking and smoking part. :)

*same pinch*

BTW, @25 and losing your hair?! Iiish... :P

2:10 PM  
Blogger A said...

hmm...hmm...hmm... lovely post!

don't drink so much re....

and with this hair line u look SEXY! believe me u really do!

gajar ka halwa...yummmm I love that too....

AND I really really really want to make u wear a pink T shirt some day :-P hehehe

4:39 PM  
Blogger Will-o'-the-wisp said...

hey...thanks 4 visiting my blog (and 4 commenting too.
Seems like u have burnt ur fingers (may b 'heart' is more appropriate) once.
@'one does not quit walking after falling once'- it ain't a filmy statement ree.....its probably the simplest way u could put it...and yes its true... u do not quit moving ahead, but u r cautious...way too much at times so much so tht u do stop in ur tracks when u get the slightest signs of danger. (errr....dunno if tht would make sense to u) :-)

@John Keats ka poem- i'm very bad at giving explanations...so can not expatiate the meaning.sry. (google/wikipedia it if ur interested in knowing further :-P)

for receding hairline- may b u should just open the newspaper and check out the ads of those numerous (and shady) docs who claim to 'grow back ur hair magically in 3 months' hehe

5:44 PM  
Blogger Raghu said...

hhmm...:D

Dutta..was reading ur recent posts..pheww...ek dam senti..emotional ..straight from the heart stuff..i bet ur at the threshold of writing an auto biography soon!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@clouds
he he
i hope the dissimilarity is not just restricted to smoking n drinking re...as for why...that is a matter of a longer discussion not suitable for a comment page :D

n baal gir rahe hai to gir rahe hai...ismein iisssh ki kya baat hai :P

@anjuli
yaar...tune mera din bana diya
i read ur comment 3 or 4 times just to make sure i got it right :D

dil garden garden kar diya yaar...thankoooo :o)

n drinking would reduce automatically as college gets over re...isliye abhi na rok

n pink t shirt...kabhi nahi..meri arthi par :D

@willo wisp
wont recomment on my life

for the john keats thingy...nope..am not really into poetry

n about the receding hairline...after anjuli's comment...i dont want that to change :D

@raghu
ha ha...autobiography...acha idea hai re...but for my style of writing...i guess blog suits best...book mein bhan c*** madar c*** nahi likh paunga na :D

7:29 PM  
Blogger Solitaire said...

hey u wont wear a pink t-shirt but how about pink pants?

10:43 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@solitaire
:X (angry stare)

1:23 AM  
Blogger Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

All the best for placements :) .. Btw, I pity you for being in the wrong room at the wrong time :D ..Hope they were seeing a movie ( just to console you :) )

7:45 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@ajith
thanks dude

n they were NOT watching a movie re...so the consolation wasnt much use :o(

8:51 PM  
Blogger Sach1 said...

nice 1...i wish u cud hav passed on this 2 few more ppl who cud hav well answered that like u :)
smbdy like mw :))
newaz blogrollin u....

11:25 PM  
Blogger Will-o'-the-wisp said...

@solitaire-pink pants is a great idea!!
@anurag- u could team it up wid a floral shirt....ekdum 70's style!:P and to jazz it up u could wear a pink scarf ard ur neck....this way u'll look ekdum jhakaas (inspite of ur receding hairline!)

12:21 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@sach
thanks
n i dont beleive in passing along tags re...to me a blog is a space i write watever i want to whenever i want to...no predetermined rules...
that is why i dont pass along tags

n thanks for blogrolling me :o)

@willo wisp
i have NO issues with the floral shirt re...infact i have one...but i have a problem with the pink shirt/pant/scarf
i just beleive it does not go well with men...n definitely not well with me

n about receding hairline...kya commnt karu...hai to hai :D

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my brother an Ipod for his bday with my first salary..I know how it feels (the safari part) :)
You still owe me a hug :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@tia
sahi hai re...mere ko bhi de na ipod...no one gives me anything :P

n hug only...remember the conversation we had...hug was the former thingy mentioned...wat bout the latter thingy mentioned :P :P

1:15 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

hmmm...well smoking is not good....u shud quit that before anything...

and ur moment of joy would've been most people's moment of utter disappointment!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@zee
pata hai re smoking is not good...but how many of us smokers actually think bout that...its an addiction...a talab...u have to have it to understand :o)

n no re...i have been on both boats...n beleive me...that period was pure bliss :o)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anurag! Tere ko..Marungi dekh!I am a sweet mallu girl haan ;)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Ninja said...

I have seen u wearing a pinkish full sleeves Shirt @ Infy :-P (around July 2004, BTM, Bangalore)
I even remember commenting to you, what a girlish colour it was :-D

How do u lose weight in a bschool?> :*(

No chicken in ur fav food list :-O

Relationship? I don't know u man! :-O

1:44 PM  
Blogger Ninja said...

I wish i smoked! I feel i'm missin something :-|

1:46 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@tia
why...i know bout the snake :P

@ninja aka talli
that is why i mentioned pink T shirt...full sleeve shirt looks fine...not a T shirt

u lose weight by running

chicken is not food...its a way of life :D

n yes...not many people know bout some stufff in my life...n i intend to keep it that way

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arre!!OOf!!!
Btw didn't you admit to wearing pink?? :P Liar!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the I will not wear wala section sahi tha :P

7:51 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@tia
i wear pink FORMAL SHIRTS...never pink T SHIRTS...

@arpz
he he..thankoo

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home