Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Letters

We live in the electronic age. Everything happens the e-way. U get e-greetings. U get e-mails. U make e-friends. U even fall in love over the net!

Coming to e-mails, its something that most of us cant live without today. I myself cant think of what life would be without e-mails. But no matter how much I am dependent on e-mails, no matter how many times i keep refreshing my mail accounts to check for mails :o), the charm of a letter can never be dethroned.

I still remember when in first yr of engineering, no matter how much work load was there, I always used to manage to find time to write letters on a weekly or fortnightly basis. And what u sow so shall u reap. So I always had a steady flow of letters coming to me. Letters from home. Letters from my then crush (I wont use the word girlfriend, because for me it means much more than a crush.....Anurag....stop digressing...that was my antaraatma talking to me :o)). So all of us friends used to sit down and read letters and it was so nice.

But leaving the status symbol apart, of being the person who receives the most number of letters in the hostel (ok within my friend circle. I used to get letters from home almost every fortnight :o). Also from friends, coz i wrote to them once in a month or so), the very feeling of getting a letter is something special.
Its not about being in college. The very fact that you hold in ur hands a piece of paper which someone has actually written down for u, put down thoughts, events, experiences, emotions, just for u. Its a very very very special feeling. And I do miss it.

The last I wanted to write a letter was in Bangalore. I wanted to write it and leave it in a mailbox where the concerned person would collect it. But due to circumstances, that was not to be.
Even now, I sometimes feel like receiving a letter. But then am too lazy to sit down and write one. So unless I write one how do i expect to receive one? And even if i write one, still should I expect to receive one. Coz i would have got over my laziness, but would the other person also get over it.

To think of it, since I learnt handwriting analysis, I never wrote or received a letter. Now when i think of it, actually now is the time when i should be writing and receiving letters, coz i can read not just the lines but the emotions and the person also to some extent.

But I am too lazy for it.

I still want to write one letter. But do i get to write it? Dunno. Really doubt it :o)
But then that is a different story for a different day for a different time. For now, I miss my dear letters

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger csy0182 said...

:-o , workload in first year of engg? ahem ...were u in the same college as me? except for those workshop labs and drawing sheets what kinda load did we have dude? ;)

Letter writing..now thats a good habit.. I used to do it only for getting marks in English..now will havta take it up again for scoring points elsewher ;)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Xérès said...

hey nice post :o)..
me feelin guilty now..i absolutely love snail mail :)) it has itz own charm..used to write min one letter a month..but after coll havent written a single one!!!!

btw the "u've got m@il" feeling is indeed a nice feeling..what comes to my mind is this quote from u've got mail: "What will NY152 say today I wonder. I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail. From you."

ahem herez one more :
"For me the Internet is just yet another way of being rejected by women." ;)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@chaos......first yr mein maine bahut load liya tha yaar.....that is how i topped :oD


@xeres......those were really beautiful lines......u do see a lot of movies...n remember the dialogues too :o)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Hitchhiker said...

Its been so long since I received any significant letters except the credit card statements and my Hutch bill, that I have forgotten what the feeling is like :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Xérès said...

i do see a lotta movies alrite ..and i do know which ones have these wonderful lines too..but nope i dont remember them!!! therez something called the imdb!!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@laina
hey u have been receiving letters dont lie....all those wedding invitation letters :o)....i cant beleive so many people in our batch are getting married

@xeres
what is imdb??????

5:39 AM  
Blogger Xérès said...

imdb=www.imdb.com...
thatz the internet movie database!!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home