Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Coldcall :o)

Had my first cold call of the term today.
Slept late at night. Rather slept early in the morning. Bole to 7 baje. Till then i was thinking of my life's short n long term goals (yeh ek lambi dukh bhari daastaan hai...kabhi phursat se sunaunga yaaro :o))
Eco class was interesting. So managed to keep awake. Mkting class is usually very interesting. But today most of it was overhead transmission. So dozed off. Gawali was sitting next to me. He kept waking me up. On any other day, I would have been grateful. But today, I wanted to sleep :o)
But could not manage much sleep in that class eihther.
In accounting (oh yes accounting, my perennial source of nightmares) the class was important so i managed to stay awake. But my eyes were red (so i was told). But i didnt sleep. Our prof is a very good teacher. But cold call karte hai. Cold call is something like u are called to answer a question ( n i beleieve it also includes a clause tht one is least expecting to be called when he/she is called....only then is the call a cold call, but then people have differing views on this ... i myself have differing views from time to time :o)). So one cold call gone. I am safe. 2 cold calls gone. I am still safe. 3rd cold call. The prof is looking at me. My fraind, how do u do this? I wasnt expecting to be called. But then I sit in this CP corridor with Pinky and Gutter sitting right in front of me :o). So this had to happen one day. So it happened today.

I was lookin at the case to answer (thankfully i had read the case). The prof asks next, Wan did u have ur breakfast? I was a bit bewildered. I said 9 AM sir. Then he looked at the clock n said, today also u are looking very drowsy. The last day also u were looking very drowsy but then i had dismissd it as after affects of diwali :o)
In the end i managed to answer the question. So that was a nice to end it :o)

Other than that, the day has been not good, but then one conversation of 35 odd minutes has made my day beautiful. Hence i am thankful for that (not to God :o))

Adios

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Xérès said...

well looks like u got to experience murphyz law !:)

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grr..how did you manage to pull it off? I would have loved to read a post in which you describe how you would have made a complete ass of yourselves in class :-0)

Remember you'll be laughing reading all this stuff when you are grandaddy..I can't wait that long to laugh, so I might as well laugh now ;)


~I see light, but I don't see the end of the tunnel~ :)

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) heheheh :) cold calls, hahaha :) Good one! :) Made my day :)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@xeres
this aint murphy's law..this happens everyday to someone...so its just a matter of time :o)

@sanju
didnt pull of nothing dude...was lucky had read the case...n be happy..there have been instances of me making an ass of myself in class :o)

@hitchhiker
happy that my post made ur day...kisi ko kuch to phaida hua life mein load lene ka :o)

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home