Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Saviour

Was talking to a friend on the phone the other day (intercom hai…talk for as long as u want :o)). It was after 2-3 in the night. Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I opened the door. The exchange student living two rooms away was at the door. He was kinda pretty drunk and he asked me if I could help him out with a problem.

Now I have been drunk myself many times and hence could empathize with him. Hence I hung up the phone for the moment and went along to help him. He had the key to his lock in the lock and asked me to help him open the door.

I smiled. I thought..Happens yaar, after a couple of pegs, its difficult to open the door lock (though I was a bit surprised that this was the case even though the key was in the lock :o)).

So like the hero of the day, I walked up to the lock, stared hard at it, held the key, turned to the exchange student, gave him a smile that was a mixture of “Don’t worry, bataas is here” and “I have drunk much more than this but have never needed help in opening my own room” and turned the key…….

It wont turn.

Try again. Same result. Again. Same result. Sit down next to the lock. Listen to the movements of the levers inside the lock. Feel how they are moving (I was feeling like a lock pick :o)), and turn the key slowly.
It still wont turn. Press on the hook and try to turn the key.
It wont turn.

This went on for over 5 mins. I was beginning to get a bit worried. Not really because of the lock. But since there was no other place and the student would have to stay in my room if his room didn’t open. And it wasn’t a really fancy proposition. I like my room all to myself (no double meaning intended).

Then a miracle happened. An angel came to my rescue. The angel was….Parachute coconut oil :o)
In goes parachute, 1 more minute of lock picking, and here we have an open lock, with me again with a smile, this time though a mixture of relief and gratitude (to parachute :o)).

The student told me….Thanks dude, u r my saviour. I just looked at Parachute, and mentally repeated the same to it :o)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger csy0182 said...

Lol!

You'll marry a girl who puts lotsa parachute oil on her head..'n will also throw u out of the bedroom each nite ! !

Muhahaa..

Nice read though!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Hitchhiker said...

:) hahaha :) Thank god for Parachute oil..otherwise that guy would have thought, you are worse off than a drunk ;) :)
Nice :)

4:47 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@chaos
he he he.....we wont discuss personal matters here ;o)

@hitchhiker
yes.....but then the day after that i changed my hairoil....i feel guilty :o)

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home