Monday, March 31, 2008

Cold

Am i a cold person? Am i a VERY cold person?
I dunno, but I guess at most times for most people I do come across as that.

Inside, I am sea of emotions. If I like someone, I would ignore that person's shortcomings and support that person come wat may. If I dislike a person, its very difficult for me to be objective bout that person. I have come a long way in being non judgemental but being objective is something I still have to work on.

But somehow, I feel "indifferent" to many supposingly "moving" situations, moments. I get my degree, everyone around is so so happy, I am also smiling n all, but then I dont feel the "joy" which the others seem to be feeling.
My friends leave the insti, they and the others seem so senti, but I dont feel...anything. I am being blunt, but right now I am not feeling anything.

An e-friend talks bout all kinds of life problems, and I cant even place them in my mind for a minute. A friend tells me another friend had a near death experience, and the incident registers in my mind for moment n then leaves. Its just not there anymore.

But I am also the same person, who would take pains of "making" cards for people he wants to gift a smile on their bdays. I am also the same person, who no matter how aloof he seems, would take some very very very hard decisions, seemingly unnecessary, n very painful, for the happiness of those people whom he loves the most.

Who am I? Dont worry, if u know me, u dont have to worry of how u would find me when me meet me on two different occasions. I would be quite similar on both, smiling, jovial etc. But wat lies beneath...
During one of our courses called ERI ie Explorations in Roles n Identity, one facilitator said, we should not wear any masks in our life because there comes a point, when the mask becomes us n we the masks, and one cant differentiate between the two...
Have i reached such a point...is it good or is it bad or is it just wat was meant to be...I dont know..

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger A said...

don't worry, its just a phase....

12:06 PM  
Blogger Drushti said...

It seems ..its total confusion... dont think too much... The spontaneous moments brings out the most natural side of our personality... "lagtaa hai Abhi tu nikkamma hai isiliye dimaag mein aise swaal aa rahe hain... :P kuchh kaam kar" :D

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

you will be surprised to know, how many of us feel exactly the same. detached, cold and distant. so chill, you arent the only one there buddy :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

woooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......
that touched a chord...... really deep.......this is EXACTLY the way i feel most of the times!!!!
it choked me... and i think that's the best compliment I'm ever gonna give you.... :)
and we human beings r the most complex creatures.... very difficult to define/identify our feelings and why v behave in a particular manner etc etc at times.
btw.... abt making birthday cards 4 close frnds- SAME PINCH!!! (though u r the 1st guy i hv known who actually 'makes' cards...wow!!now i like u even more ;) hehe)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@anjuli
beleive me, its not

@drushti
its not confusion...it is my natural side...i am just verbalizing it...n kaam hi to kar raha hoon...blogging :D

@arpz
he he...tu bhi hai yehi .... :o)

@urvi
that is a beautiful compliment...but i wish u wouldnt feel the same...coz for me...its not a positive thingy...n i definitely dont want my friends to have the same drawbacks i do...
n bout liking me even more...itna mat boliye ji...mai aapke peeche na padh jau :o)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Sonali said...

I have been accused of being cold too. Not to mention indifferent. Although this trait is more acceptable in a guy than a girl.

I empathise.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@sonali
its not bout acceptability re...its something that i dont like bout myself

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ! Mebbe you should try listening to more of that Gaurav chap's song and watch the video :D

8:37 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@xeres
:o)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hota hai,...mere sath vi aal the time hota hai! daaru pi..sab thik ho jauga! :P

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home