Monday, March 31, 2008

So it ends...

2 yrs. IIM Ahmedabad.
Just had my last drinking session...dont worry, am not high. In fact drank slowly, lesser and so am not at all high. Though i do have a headache due to not sleeping when I was feeling damn sleepy.

How were my 2 yrs here? Amazing.
Wat made it amazing? The people.

Was so damn lucky to have friends like Bhaskar, Randolf, Titto, Nidhi, Nisha...
Today while drinking (me, Randolf n Nidhi), was thinking, wat is it that made it click between us?

Was it the fact that all of us are in the league of extraordinary gentlemen? Well, then Titto, Nidhi n Nisha would have been out
No it wasnt that. It was something else. It was the fact that we had similar backgrounds and similar outlooks towards life.
Does it mean that people with different outlooks cant click? No.
But in a place like WIMWI, where even though u have so many people, there is little time to bond, similarities do help.

I feel proud to have friends like these. These are genuine people. Bhaskar or Titto or Randolf or any of the others, I beleive we havent really faked emotions amongst ourselves. Kisi ki g***d mein aag lagi hai to chehre par dikhta hai...dikhna bhi chahiye...

Another piece of bonding (for the guys in the gang) was the kind of girls we found attractive. Now attractiveness is of two types. One is qualitative, another is the "other" type :P
And we have a very similar attractiveness criteria for the other sex. Another point that shows similarities :D

I can chalk out numerous other reasons of why we all clicked.
I can chalk out so many things that I will miss about this place.
I can chalk out a hundred things that I wont be able to do once student life ends (I have no intentions of studying further)
I can chalk out a hundred things I can chalk out further

But the point is...today, on 1st of april, on april fool's day, my journey in this wonderful place with these wonderful people ends...
Its not that I wont be meeting these people again, or that i wont be coming to this place again...
But this phase of life as a student in the most coveted business school in the country is ending now...

Am I senti yet...I dunno...maybe...maybe not
I will know over the day...so let me wait...

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn that means less of interesting posts out here :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@xeres
it sure does...at least from my end

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tc :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Satish Bolla said...

don't make me remember all my college days and cry......

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

So, wimwi life ends .. Hope u become part of another interesting gang at ATK :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Anurag said...

@arpz
:o) :o)

@satish
i will send u a handkercheif

@ajith
thanks pal

2:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on graduating !

Please start saving so that you can contribute to my fund next year.

9:35 PM  
Blogger A said...

:-)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Gunjan Aylawadi said...

i am sooo J of u n im sure u dnt need my reasons!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Satish Bolla said...

@anurag
i had a box of tissues next to me. thanx anyways.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Hitchhiker said...

Congratulations sir :) I am sure it has been great! :)

4:46 AM  
Blogger Solitaire said...

Awww. I remember being sad the day it was over for me too but I had so many other things to look forward to that the transition was easier. What about you?

Apart from the people and college life, did you like Ahmedabad?

8:34 AM  
Blogger ceedy said...

Found your blog thru another one -

cool and best of luck :) now the real journey starts

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home